According to the the Heart Foundation of Australia, it is recommended that an adult should only be consuming lesss than 5g of salt per day- that’s less than a teaspoon. Yes, you read that correctly- less than a TEASPOON of salt is all an adult should be consuming in a day!
We all know that Salt is an essential part of your health, but what happens to your body when you consume too much?
A diet high in salt can lead to some of the following health problems:
- high blood pressure
- heart failure/heart attack
- kidney problems and kidney stones
- oedema (fluid retention)
- left ventricular hypertrophy (thickening of heart muscle)
Some of the best ways to reduce your daily salt consumption are:
- Drink lot’s of water every day
- Use Herbs & Spices instead of salt for seasoning
- Consume Healthy fat’s such as nuts, seeds, avocados, olives and use their oils for cooking
- Get the right nutrients such as proteins, iron, zinc and vitamins, particularly the vitamin B group
- Consume fibre, vitamins and minerals found in fruits, vegetables and supplements
We love delicious salt alternative packed with great flavours! Please check out our range of Sauces & Seasonings here at Shred Squad. One of our favourites is Vogels Organic Herbamare Diet Seasoning! Yum!
In a perfect world, we would all be eating the perfect amounts of the perfect types of food each day to meet these requirements. Like most of us, it is hard to rely on, and stick to only eating the correct foods, and correct amounts of good nutrients recommended per day. That’s why the products found at Shred Squad can compliment a balanced diet, and can provide you with all of the daily requirements for good health! At Shred Squad there are products to suit every body and every need.
FREE postage on all orders over $195
For all enquiries please contact:
*Shred Squad always recommends seeking medical advice when pregnant, changing your diet or when consuming new products you are unsure of.
Shred Squad Group is a proud Corporate Sponsor of RSPCA Australia- a portion of every single order is donated to RSPCA Australia.